A Message From Renee New PT, MPT, Owner and Founder of Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth
If you have painful or aching knees, it’s easy to believe that it’s “just something that comes with age,” “wear and tear,” or that it’s nothing and will go away on its own.
You’re not sure why your knees are hurting, but they don’t seem to be getting any better.
You are not alone if this is happening to you. That kind of thing happens all the time. Knee pain is one of the most common problems we see in our physical therapy clinic.
And when it comes to living with knee pain, everyone we see wants to know the following:
“Why Am I Having to Go Through This?” or, “Why Do I Still Have Knee Pain That Worsens Despite Having Dealt With It for at Least Six Months, and Sometimes More?”
Does It Apply to You?
Have You Ever Had a Similar Experience?
Perhaps you’re perplexed because you’ve received contradictory information from multiple sources. Perhaps you believe you should relax because you’ve been told that walking aggravates knee pain or that you should do ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to alleviate it.
It’s difficult to know what to do – and that’s just to avoid aggravating knee pain!
Because of this confusion, people frequently postpone and put off deciding what to do to help alleviate their knee pain. Worse, many people accept it as “part of life,” as if it were normal or “had” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel, Too?
If You Have Knee Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lingering Longer Than Necessary:
1. You thought it would go away on its own, but it didn’t.
2. You went to the doctor, who told you to rest and take pain relievers, but the drugs did nothing but mask the pain, and as soon as they wore off, knee pain slowed you down again.
3. You simply accepted it because a family member or acquaintance told you that everyone gets knee pain as they age.
4. You’ve sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physiotherapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seem to help.
5. You’ve tried knee braces, but they’ve done little to alleviate your pain.
6. You thought resting would be a good idea because you were in a lot of pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you regularly.
7. You tried a couple of ‘Youtube’ exercises, but they were unpleasant to do and did little to relieve your pain.
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, we’d love to assist you by encouraging you to contact one of our Physical Therapists in Fort Worth, Texas to learn more about what we can do for you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things is a GOOD THING because knowing what doesn’t work brings you closer to figuring out what does!
If you want some serious advice over the phone for free, please click the link below to schedule a call with us. The phone call is free, and there is no need to schedule follow-up meetings with us. Our goal is to help you make the best decision about what to do next.
"How Can I Quickly Get Rid of Knee Pain?"
So, here are four options for you:
1. First and foremost, you must decide whether to seek treatment or not: So many people rest for weeks, expecting the pain to ‘just go away with time,’ only to discover that 6 months later, nothing has changed… In the alternative, the pain and swelling worsen.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best things you can do to help relieve your knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly, and ensure that the problems don’t reoccur anytime soon.
3. Avoid sitting in unnatural positions: We were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you are placing your knees in unusual, unnatural positions that they were not designed to be in for extended periods. It would be extremely beneficial if you were given proper strengthening exercises for better posture, in addition to hands-on treatment, as soon as possible to get you active and healthy.
4. Participate in “hands-on” Physical Therapy: Physical Therapy has been shown to help patients suffering from knee pain. It’s one of the most common injuries we see in our athletes and active people at Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth. If your knee pain is interfering with your job, preventing you from being active, or threatening your independence, as well as preventing you from spending quality time with family and friends, Physical Therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
If you’d like to learn more about how the Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth clinic in Fort Worth, Texas can help you live with less knee pain, we invite you to schedule a completely free, no-obligation, risk-free visit at our clinic.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of My Knee Pain Quickly?”
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help – so many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain and swelling gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions – the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, un-natural positions – which knees aren’t built to be in for too long. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with knee pain. In fact at Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth it’s one of the most common issues we see with our athletes and active adults. If your knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
Note: We offer this free Total Body Diagnostic session to anyone afraid of or suspicious of Physical Therapy, unsure of its benefits, or if it is right for them. If this describes you, please start with a free Total Body Diagnostic session so we can work with you to figure out what’s wrong and what can be done – with no financial risk to you.
So Here’s the Next One:
“How Can Visiting Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In a Few Days?”
Here are some examples of what our Physical Therapy Staff can do for you:
Essentially, the Physical Therapy Team at Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth can help you get back to living a normal life free of bothersome and chronic knee pain. Simply click the button below and fill out the short form to find out how much it costs and what availability we have at our Fort Worth, Texas clinic:
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Renew Physical Therapy Fort Worth in West Fort Worth, TX
-The Eagar Family
We brought our 14 year old son to RENEW Physical Therapy for some issues he was having with his right (throwing) arm. He is a baseball player in his first fall of high school and he was experiencing discomfort for the first time. Renee did a thorough exam of his arm and determined he had some biceps tendonitis. Over the course of 4-5 therapy sessions, she worked him through relevant and targeted exercises to build strength and regain confidence in his throwing. She also provided a plan of therapy with exercises to do between sessions in addition to going the extra mile by contacting and informing his HS coach about the treatment plan. He is now healed, confident and has a plan to follow to keep building strength and to prevent future injuries. We are very grateful for RENEW PT and all of Renee’s efforts to get our son back on the field. We’d highly recommend her services!
Professional, personal service! Renee is an extremely caring and knowledgeable therapist. Her skills go well beyond her PT license. She is the best!